Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Window Pocket PC vs Palm OS

Recently i'm looking for new staffs for my O2 Atom. Actually i didn't explore much on my O2 since the day i bought it. I just use it as my organizer and phone. When i started to install new software to my O2, i found that ... window pocket PC is totally different from palm OS.

Most of the freeware i downloaded are in .prc format and cannot be installed. Then only i realized that my O2 is actually running on Window Mobile 5.0. Well, i think i knew it but never realized that it is different from Palm OS. I need to look for files in .cab format or installer for window pocket PC for my O2. A bit stupid -_- but never too late to learn new things ^^

Would like to share a few websites that have freeware and nice games for pocket PC.
http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/
https://www.astraware.com/

PS: I have also tried on the new Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5. The syncronization process is faster. If you would like to try on it, can download it from Microsoft website.

No comments: