Saturday, September 15, 2007

iZZi Wireless Broadband

Try out the IzziPro yesterday nite.
My area is Bandar Sri Damansara, and i stay at 5th floor.
The signal strength stay within 50-60% only.
The agent told me that their Kepong tower will going to operate by 15th Sept, which is today. He mentioned that the signal should be ok after 15th of Sept.

Even the signal strength is within 50-60%, the downloading speed is quite stable at 380++kbps. I surf the net whole nite from 8pm - 1am in the morning, the line din get disconnet. But, when i tried to play online game, there will be a 1-2 sec lack.

This is much more better than Maxis wireless broadband that i used before Izzi. Maixs wireless is not stable especially during 8-10pm, keep on disconnect. Check the network type, it shown HSPDA connection, but dun even can chat with my friend on MSN. :sad:

I'm quite satisfy with Izzi and plan to stay with this wireless broadband. However, i would like to know, how am i going to connect it to a router so that the network can share within several users at home?

I'm using a D-link router, i'm now able to surf the net, but cannot sign-in MSN. Anyone can help me on this??

10 comments:

Ah Bao said...

one thing i wanna comment is:

maxis wireless broadband is really not recommended for those who stay in high rise building lo.
i'm staying at the 5th floor, and my area is quite high. that's y cant get a good & stable connection speed.
tested at my office (ground floor) at Kepong Industrial Park. Speed is really ok.

haiz

Ah Bao said...

an update,

testing the izzipro for while, i found that the download speed is much more faster during day time, achiving 70-80kbps.

However, dowload speed during nite time is really slow <10kbps. Most probably due to conggestion ?

Anonymous said...

I also using izziu but the speed is not fast even my signal strength is 80-100. when I downloading something, it only run 4-7k per/sec. some even get very fast speed at beginning, later drop until only few hundred bit.

And I using gmail pop service, once I use izziu to retrieve my email from gmail. it say connection failed. but once i use back streamyx is fine.

Do you have facing this kind of problem?

Anonymous said...

Hi AhBao,

have u solve ur msn login problem? I faced the same situation. I am using a D-link dir-300 router.

Janet said...

i'm using izzi pro with d-link dr-300 too and im having problem connecting to msn, pbebank etc. I connect directly to izzi (without the router), then i can login to msn oooo... i changed MTU (using the method, but then sticked to 1400), disable this & that, upgrade firmware etc.. please help

Ah Bao said...

Hi Janet & Mynn,

Try to set your MTU size to a smaller size e.g. 576?

If it is still not working, try this:

1. Access your router UI through http://192.168.0.1/, and change the unit IP to 192.198.0.1.
2. Set ur router to PPPoE access with the your own izzi's username and password.
3. Set a static PPPoE IP range from 192.198.0.2 to 192.198.0.254.
4. Enable the DHCP of your router.

nice to share ^^

Anonymous said...

didn't solve my problems as well. I am using DIR 300 router and I can surf internet as normal but can't sign in to MSN..... Anyone know how else? Please help. Without router, I can sign in to MSN fine. So it's the router's settings....

Colin said...

I tried to do a port fowarding and application rule initially, but all didn't work. Finally, I set the MTU to 1400, saved settings and after rebooting the DIR-300 which is connected to izziPro, finally I can login to MSN.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post and Colin's comment. My router works now after decreasing the MTU to 1398.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, this remarkable phrase is necessary just by the way