Sunday, September 16, 2007

Connect router to IzzI wireless modem

My router model is D-link 624 (i know, its a bit out, is a discountinue product...)
This is how i succefully connect my router to IzziPro terminal.

1. I access my router UI through http://192.168.0.1/, and change the unit IP to 192.198.0.1.
2. I set my router to PPPoE access with the my izzi's username and password.
3. Set a static PPPoE IP range from 192.198.0.2 to 192.198.0.254.
4. Enable the DHCP of my router.

and, that's it. I'm able to connect a desktop, a laptop and a PDA to the router and online, and MSN chatting through izzi's network.

nice to share ^^

4 comments:

Ah Bao said...

one of my friend told me that, he just set the MTU to a smaller size e.g 576. Then the problem resolve.

- -!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a similar problem in setting the router to connect to my izzipro modem. I googled the internet and found your blog site and I am so happy and thankful that you shared your router configuration. Referring to your post, you mentioned that "change the unit IP to 192.198.0.1". Does that mean changing the router's IP ? I am sorry for asking because I am not very good at this stuffs. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing.

p/s: by the way, interesting blog site. It's very informative.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ah bao

I've the similiar problem with you. As Vic mention there, is it I need to change the router's IP too? But I'm staying in Taman Desa, is it using the same IP address?

TQVM!!!

Ah Bao said...

Hi Vic & Jicky,

Sorry for late reply = =

it doesn't matter if what you put in the unit IP (as long as it is not the same as any device e.g. pc, printer & etc that connected to the router), it is local. won't affect the other user out from your own connection.