Monday, October 1, 2007

"rseb.sys" Problem Experienced with Vista

Yo! Guess what, i get a new PC together with friend last weekend.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz
G-Force Graphic Card with 512M Ram
Gigabyte Mother Board
160GB Seagate SATA Hard Disk
1GB DDR2 RAM
Samsung 20x DVD burner
Vista Home Basic

Just cannot wait to try it out, hehe it is my first time trying out the Vista.

This 1st thing i do, is install my PROLINK WLAN adapter's driver, so that i can get online. Everything seem working after the installation. As usual i have been asked to reboot my PC to get the new setting working, but when i reboot my PC, TA DA!!!!! I CANNOT EVEN GET THE WINDOWS STARTED...

It stucked at the page saying "rseb.sys is missing or corrupted" . Get real upset, becoz i'm using the microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse, and i haven't install their drivers, so the system cannot detect my keyboard & mouse :( Luckily, i still have the old PS2 keyboard at home, and i get to reboot the PC from last known good configuration.

When i surf the internet about this rseb.sys file, i get to know that this file is actually created by RALINK. I suspect that my PROLINK WLAN adapter's driver that i installed ealier is not compatible with Vista. So, i went to the PROLINK's website to download its lastest driver, and of course, Microsoft website to get the Vista compatible drivers for my keyboard & mouse too. After that, my problem resolved.

Then... i didnt live happily ever after, but i spend my whole weekend downloading drivers for my other gadgets -_-!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for this, i had the same problem so i hope that it will be fixed after this.